Wednesday, February 16, 2011

February's a busy month around here

This past week we celebrated two birthdays and  of course Valentine's day. We enjoyed lots of good food, gifts, games, and good time spent together.

I got this beauty for my birthday- Never did I think I would be so excited to get a freezer for my b-day, but it was exactly what I had been wanting and will be so helpful. Our freezer in the kitchen hardly holds anything.

We've been wanting some more board games, so Alex got us Settlers of Catan. The Warczaks, our neighbors in SLC loved this game and they are pretty fun so we figured it would be a good one to learn.

Oh and I need to give a shout out to Julia and her friend Megan who spent their Friday night with E so we could go out. Thanks!

We had a delicious (if I say so myself-it was my first time making them) crab cake dinner with individual molten lava cakes for dessert.


 Alex's Birthday was Yesterday and so we decorated (though the balloons were mostly for E, she loves them) and made a yummy dinner.

  Elsa was just a little bit excited!

 Four cheese white lasagna and mint cookie crunch pie

 Elsa loved this card at target...it meows happy birthday. She thought it was so funny. So she had fun looking at it with Alex. Then all of the sudden she started crying and now every time she opens it or hears it she gets a smile for a split second and then gets really upset. I guess she is kinda scared of it!


 Happy Birthday Alex!

3 comments:

Emily said...

I sounds and looks like you guys had a fun filled weekend. Happy birthday again to both of you. I'm jealous of your freezer! Oh, and i want your recipes for the lasagna and the mint cookie thing.

JOCELYN & TODD (AND JM) said...

Yes! Catan! I'm glad you both had good birthdays. And congratulations on being a full-fledged adult. Adults get kitchen appliances for their birthdays!

kassidi bridge said...

I bow down to your cooking expertise. My mouth is watering. I need to see that little lady, wow I miss her. Hope you had a great birthday Al!