Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Lucy is One!


Lucy at one:

*Loves to say Daddy and Uh-Oh
* is a climber. She pushes E's small chair over to the windows and climbs up to try and look out. I         have also caught her trying to climb onto the fridge shelf, into the dishwasher, and in her rocking chair. Have to keep a good eye on this girl. 
*Cruising everywhere.
*Has taken about 15 steps.
* Gives lots of kisses and blows kisses.
*Has plateaued in her weight. She is till about 25.5 lbs but has gone from the 99% to 94% percentile!
*Prefers to feed herself., Spits out anything I spoon feed her. Is a super messy eater.
*Loves to try and put shoes, socks, hats, and clothes on.
*Some of her favorite things are the stairs, she can climb out stairs in about 10 seconds! The dishwasher, cell phones, and the bath.
*in the process of trying to get her to take a sipppy and kick the pacifier habit (only has it at night now).

We had a family get together the Sunday after Lucy's actual birthday. She loved digging into the cake like I thought she would...



Lucy didn't know what to think about the sprinkles on top!

 After some tasting, she dug right in..




 Still trying to pick up the sprinkles!



 She liked the idea of using a spoon.








 Then we opened presents...

Lucy didn't know what to think. E of course was more than happy to help Lucy!

 Eating the paper seemed to be what she really wanted to do!


 I made this rag doll for Lucy, though she was not too interested in it.

 E told me that it should be her dolly since it looks like her. I guess I will be making another one!

 She was much more into the box that I wrapped it in! 


 A fun little kitchen from Grandpa, Grandma & Uncle Royce. Both girls love it!

 E got a fun Poncho from Grandpa and GG. She loves it!


A fun comparison picture of the girls on their first birthdays. Same outfits and all! 


 It was lots of fun celebrating our Lucy girl. Hard to believe that she is a year old already. We sure do love her! 

I thought I would sneak some pics in here from the Superbowl...

 Grandpa happy with the Ravens.
 Lucy very interested in what Grandpa was doing.
 Kisses for Dad

I have some videos of the birthday and of the girls dancing to Beyonce at the super bowl but they are long so once I figure out how to cut and edit them I'll post!



1 comment:

Jess and Tom Roberts said...

i love love love the comparison picture! how adorable! Cant believe she is 1 already. that is crazy!!